So, instead of trying to focus on just one of the meanings that "Breaking Out" can have for me, I'll briefly list as many as I can. I may post entries exploring these topics in more depth in the future.
- Breaking Out means embracing stereotypes by reinterpreting them.
- Breaking Out means showing that people can fit into more than one category, and in more than one way.
- Breaking Out means that people can grow and change over time--and that they have a right to do so.
- Breaking Out means challenging assumptions.
- Breaking Out means acknowledging sexual and gender identity, and variations thereof.
- Breaking Out means discussing the unspoken.
- Breaking Out means freeing ourselves from barriers created by our own thoughts and the thoughts of others.